Hello Old Friend

I've been away for a long time, just over a year. I've missed writing here.

I like to tell myself that it's because things got in the way, I got so busy that I couldn't do it, but I don't think that's actually fully true, maybe partly, but I also got.. Distracted? And maybe a little lazy..

I do have a lot on my plate sometimes, even if it doesn't look like it to an outside perspective, I put some pressure on myself to do lots different things and for everything to be perfect. If it doesn't turn out the way I want I can get admittedly disheartened. I think if you're a creative it can ebb between this and feeling super motivated to improve.

I did enjoy writing here, I enjoy looking back and seeing the progress I've made in my craft and reading thoughts I'd had that now seem completely silly. It's an amazing way to see how much you change and grow as a person.

So, I'd like to come back to blogging again! Lately I've been working more than ever, which seems to have had the strange effect of making me want to work more and put more on my plate, what a silly sausage I am.

I'd love to catch you up on some of the things I've been upto.

-First of all, I moved out with my partner! Exciting stuff, it means I've got my own crafty room now, and suddenly lots more space to spread out to.
-I designed and made a bear sleep mask to add to my range, and my grey bear sleep mask was featured in Love, Patchwork & Quilting magazine.


-I started taking slightly better pictures for my Etsy store.

-I tweaked my fox mask design, and added many new colours to the range.

-I redesigned my ice cream cushions, which look loads better!

-I recently started painting again, still a big fan of owls!

Some other bits and pieces:
-I gave pilates a go, which was fun, really must get back into that..
-My hair grew back, lots.
-I had my first craft fair last Christmas, which was a mixed bag. I was very poorly and unfortunately could barely talk to any customers, but it was still a cool experience.
-I started an instagram page, not sure why I didn't do this earlier but I love it so far, a nice way to connect with other creatives.

So.. That's a little bit of what I've been up to the past year, looking forward to writing here again soon!
P.S. The Great British Bake Off starts again tonight and I'm way too excited. 

Post a Comment